[lead align=”left”]One of the favorite deserts of our international guests is my very own Chocolate Cheese Cake. It is ideal for a Sunday afternoon tea or coffee on the terrace of the Château.[/lead]
- 100g speculoos cookies
- 100g crumble cookies (example: palets breton)
- 75g melted butter
Ingredients (Cheesecake mixture):
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 3 eggs
- 80g sugar
- 200g cream (liquid)
- 250g cream cheese or mascarpone
- 175g good quality white chocolate
- Some good quality dark chocolate powder
- Crush all the cookies finely an place them in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the crumbed cookies in the bowl.
- Spread the mixture in a loose-bottomed 22cm cake tin.
- Put in fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
Preparation (Cheesecake Mixture):
- Place the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- In a pan, mix egg yolks, sugar and cream and heat slowly stirring all the time until the mixture thickens (make sure it never boils).
- Add the white chocolate and the gelatin, stirring until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the cream cheese or mascarpone.
- Leave to cool for about 40 minutes.
- Whisk egg whites to stiff snow and add delicately.
- Smooth on top of refrigerated base and put in the fridge until set.
- Just before serving sprinkle the dark chocolate on top.