A Dream Vacation in France
The Château de la Presle
Luxurious Bed & Breakfast accommodation in Haute Saône, Eastern France
The Château de la Presle, built in the Louis XIII style, is recognized by the Fondation du Patrimoine de France and the Vieilles Maisons Francaises. The Château is located in Haute Saône (70), Burgundy Franche Comté region , in the East of France, only one hour from Switzerland and Germany.
The Chateau is set in grounds of 6 hectares containing protected trees and varied wildlife, and is surrounded by rolling hills, communal forest and beautiful pastures. It is known for its luxurious ambiance, charm, calm environment, and authenticity. You often wake to the sound of church bells, the tap-tap of woodpeckers and fall asleep to the song of nightingales.
The Château has recently been entirely renovated and our guests can choose between three suites and two double rooms, all with private bathroom. Guests are also at liberty to use the lounge and the dining room, where breakfast and table d’hôte dinner is served. The Château is also equipped with a billiard room, a steam-bath, a gymnasium and a wine-tasting cellar. Of course, our guests may also use the lawn tennis court or take a stroll around the park, orchard and vegetable gardens. Your pets are also welcome.
In good French tradition, meals for us are an important part of the day, for social engagement as much as for enjoying the taste, smell, texture and color of good home-produced food accompanied by excellent wines. As much as possible, we serve our own fruit and vegetables which are free of chemical treatment and our meat is from stock raised in local pastures. Alternatively, there are several excellent restaurants nearby.
For those who prefer greater independence, we also have a self-catering lodge available with two double bedrooms. This is ideal for a long weekend vacation with your friends or family.
Whether you are seeking a base for a country holiday, a quiet spot to “get away” for a weekend or a comfortable location to break your journey, the Château de la Presle is all that and more.
- Franche Comte
- Explore Franche Comté Region through this easy to use tourist platform. (visit website)
- Discover the Haute Saône region through this online guide. (visit website)
- Golf Luxeuil Bellevue
- Enjoy a round of golf on this beautiful golf course not far from the Château. (visit website)
- Franche-Comté Nautic
- Weigh anchor and set out from Port sur Saône with a boat from our partner. (visit website)
- Le Comtois
- Thousands of cultural events and a leisure guide with over 4000 places and organizers. (visit website)
- Les Bisons de Bacara
- An unusual herd of Bison just beyond the gates of the Château. (visit website)
- Chambres d`Hôtes
- One of our close partners for bed & breakfast accommodation. (visit website)
- Meilleur Evasion
- A vast tourism directory for France. (visit website)
- Château de Vauchoux
- Michelin starred chef Jean Michel Turin welcomes you to his restaurant. (visit website)
- France Ballade
- A tourist guide for France. (visit website)
- France Voyages
- Explore France through this travel guide. (visit website)